Monday, September 23, 2013

Cake-saster

Yesterday was my baby's birthday and I was in charge of the cake. I was supposed to make grass cupcakes, a mini vegan cake for the birthday girl and a regular cake for the rest of the party. I choose to make the cuppies vegan as well 'cause I didn't want her to miss out on that. And I was using this great recipe by Vegan cupcakes take over the world so I'm pretty sure no one even noticed they were vegan. Cuppies, check. Mini cake, check. Regular cake, disaster. I really don't know what went wrong but I tried four different recipes and they all failed miserably. Straight to the bin they went.
By the time the last failure was determined it was too late to solve the problem in any other way than to just buy a cake. So that's what we did. 
In the end it all worked out (sort of) and we had a great party. The bday girl made us sing happy birthday a zillion times and giggled the day away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment