Friday, March 22, 2013

La Vallade

La Vallade is a cozy restaurant café in Amsterdam East. I was once introduced to this free spirited establishment by a friend and immediately loved it. When my mum and I were in the neighborhood for some mother-daughter-time I knew we had to go there!

Their philosophy is “Tu manges ou tu manges pas." So they serve a 5-course set menu which changes daily. It's always a surprise to find out what yummie goodies will be served, but to this day they have never disappointed me.

We were there on a Tuesday, which usually isn't to busy. But before we knew it the place was so crowded they had to send people away! We were so happy to be one of the lucky ones who secured a table.
La Vallade Pretty flowers Simple French inspired decor
First we were served some delicious fresh bread. We later found out they get their bread from Vlaamsch Broodhuysch which only proved our taste buds right :)
Menu of the day Yummie bread The chef rocking her skills
Our first course consisted of a potato salad with thinly sliced veal and an anchovies mayo dressing.
This was followed by a fresh green salad with beets and a pesto like vinaigrette (i know I'm contradicting myself but it's the best way to describe the dressing).
As our main we had a beautiful piece of perfectly cooked cod served on a mash of celeriac and purslane with a white wine velouté sauce.
Veal and Potato salad Fresh green salad Cod with celeriac mash
Our first desert was a lovely cheese plateau with grapes and date-cake. Then came our "real" desert a rich and moist chocolate cake with roasted rhubarb and a generous spoon of whipped cream. Hmmmmmm!
Cheese plateau Chocolate rhubarb cake
Oh, how I love this place! In fact I love it so much I almost didn't want to share it with you. Just to keep it to myself.... hihihi. But since they've been a round for quite a while and are still going strong, I guess I'm not the only one that knows they're there :)

Do check out their vegetarian menu on Monday's or their special Sunday family menu. I promise you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment