Friday, October 19, 2012

A leap of faith

I've read the "The life of Pi" many times. But never before had it touched me in such a private and personal way. I'm not the religious type, but I profoundly understood what he was trying to convey. He spoke about the treacherous edge of logic & reason. Do we remain in limbo. Forever wondering what lies beyond? Or do we take a leap of faith into the unknown?

Lately I've been drowning in a sea of obligations. I tried to cut some ballast to maintain my float, but was unsuccessful in doing so. Indecisiveness was weighing me down and I remained in a permanent state of limbo. Something had to be done. So I took a leap of faith and quit university.

I fully understand why some might perceive it as a loss of time, money and potential. But to me it's another step towards fulfilling my hearts desire. I always say: No matter how far you've gone down the wrong path, as soon as you realize it, go back!

I realize this has not been one of my usual cheerful posts. But this concerns a matter so dear to me, I felt I needed to share it nonetheless.

So here's to the future. Whatever it may bring, I shall continue my pursuit for happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment